Thursday, October 15, 2009

tweet tweet

So when twitter started to become popular, I refused to get an account. I figured that is was the same thing as updating my facebook status, and who would want to read what I'm doing twice, and in two different media platforms at that. As soon as all my friends were talking about their tweets from the day and funny things that people had posted, I began to feel out of the loop, almost like I was missing out of the coolest party of the weekend. Eventually I caved and created an account. This goes to show two things: 1. I lack a huge amount of self-control, I mean who is lame enough to fall to the temptations of an SNS and 2. it goes to show just how powerful SNS's are, once all your friends have an account, your basically left with no choice but to sign up and I think that is why so many of these sites are so successful! Now that I have one, I can say that I do enjoy reading my friends tweets, and also reading tweets from certain celebrities that I like. My boyfriend thinks that the only reason that I got a twitter is because he had one and I only made an account so that I could look at his and stalk what he's doing. I told him he was crazy and that I'm not that psycho, but hey, it doesn't hurt to be able to read all of his tweets now!

1 comment:

  1. I was a late bloomer with Twitter too, for just about all the same reasons. I'm still not an avid twit, but it is cool to be able to catch up in 140 characters.

    ReplyDelete