Say you follow +200 people on twitter but only 10-15 of those people are your close friends or people that you actually know, once you add your close friends to a "list" twitter will show you more of these people's latest tweets. This saves me a lot of time because sometimes I don't really care about the 25 tweets that Kim Kardashian posts daily, and I would rather read about what my friends have to say. After learning about this new aspect it reminded me of a topic that we discussed in class on Wednesday about receiver costs. This new tool saves me time because I do not have to waste my time scrolling down my entire homepage to see what my friends have to say. In a way, these "lists" act more like filters, when I only want to read certain peoples tweets I can go to my lists, but when I'm bored surfing the web I can also read the tweets of people that I find interesting but may not necessarily know in real life.
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Lemme Lemme Upgrade Yaaaaaaa
As I logged on to my twitter this week I noticed that they have made some useful changes for users. At first glance, I didn't really look into the new "lists" gadget that was added, mostly because I figured it was just something stupid and I didn't feel like wasting time learning how to use it. Reluctantly, my roommate looked into it and explained to me how they worked and how useful she found them to be. Basically, twitter now allows you to create your own lists of people (sort of like separating people into networks on facebook) and then twitter shows you more of these people on your home page. This new gadget would only be useful for people who follow a lot of people of twitter such as celebrities and politicians.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Britt, you know you obsessively check Kim Kardashinan's posts. You probably check Khloe's too... maybe even Lamar.
ReplyDelete