Friday, December 11, 2009

Final Thoughts

For my final blog post I would like to look at the bigger picture of analyzing new media. I know we have touched on this a little bit in class but never really went further into it. What I think is interesting about talking about new media is the timing in which it is done. It seems as though the articles we have read which are written well after a technology has become developed are the most accurate and we can truly analyze them and how they impact our lives. It's hard to talk about new media most of the time, mostly because it is hard to talk about new things which we do not have a lot of information on. By the time we get around to figuring out whatever the new technology is, its most likely already old and something new has been developed. Therefore technically speaking, we aren't talking about new media anymore. Technology is advancing faster that users can merely purchase or figure out the technology. I think that this undermines a lot of great inventions because we're in such a hurry to find out what new "gadget" or "website" will come out next. Not that my opinion is going to have an affect on how the world of media platforms develop, but blogs have been a huge influence in the past decade! I hope this class is still offered at CUA in a few years and it would be interesting to sit in on it and see what they are talking about now...I feel like without this class I may start to become out of the loop in the world of new media!

No comments:

Post a Comment