Saturday, November 28, 2009
BLACK FRIDAY EXTRAVAGANZA!
I am writing this blog post to make up for a blog post that I missed this semester. I would like to bring up the issue of black Friday, I know everyone is sick of hearing about it on the news and radio, but I would like to share some insight. I saw a story on the news on thanksgiving about a website called Black Friday 2009, its a website dedicated to the best shopping day of the year. Basically, the website that has a list of stores where you can click on a store and view the ads they have out for their black Friday deals. They even have a section dedicated to online specials for people who don't want to bother with the holiday crowds. This website is useful because its basically a one stop website where you can sort of set up a "game plan" for your black Friday shopping. If you didn't catch the 3 million advertisements elsewhere, no need to fret...you can look through the 35 pages of ads for one day of the year, for one store alone! Boy, I sure do love consumerism!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Since online shopping, I didn't really partake in the Black Friday madness. On the stores websites were the same sales as there would be if you actually had gotten up at 4 in the morning. I chose not to get run over by the mob of girls at Forever 21 this year and stayed home and shopped on the computer.
ReplyDeleteEven though online sales are huge, it does seem that people don't mentally begin to think about Christmas until after Thanksgiving. So while they may not be in the stores on actual Black Friday, as long as they are still buying online it still feeds into this oar that the start of the Holiday shopping season on Black Friday.
ReplyDelete