Friday, September 18, 2009

The Foolish Behavoirs of Kayne

While watching the Video Music Awards (VMA's) last Sunday night, I witnessed the incident involving Kayne West and my girl, Taylor Swift. After receiving an award for best female music video, Taylor took the stage to give her acceptance speech. As she began her words, Kayne West and his over-sized ego approached the stage and interrupted the speech shouting "Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time". I, myself, thought this was very rude, he interrupted her moment to shine and to thank everyone involved who helped her to make it where she is today. Anyways, as I was watching I had my facebook and twitter account open and I proceeded to tweet about my feelings on the subject only to find out that the website was down due to high traffic volume of users. Once the website let me log on again (about 5 minutes later), my entire home page was filled with nothing but responses on the incident. The same goes for my facebook home page, everyone I'm friends with had updated there status in response to what had happened. This was interesting to me and I decided to blog about it because it made me think that I was not only watching the VMA's with my roommates and interacting/responding with them, but I was also watching and interacting with an entire community of users. New media has allowed us to instantly share our feelings with an enitre community of people, and I think that this has effected the way in which we experience any media in general.

1 comment:

  1. That is a good point about how interactive things like watching an award show can be when you're using twitter and facebook. For me, I don't usually watch award shows, but I heard about Kanye acting like an infant right away because of my constant checking of Perezhilton.com. I was just sitting around and doing homework when I saw a post about the "news" that Kanye is a jerk and was immediately able to watch the clip and see what everyone was talking about.

    ReplyDelete